CHOOSING THE GLASS - PLEASANT HEAT SENSATION
By the traditional windows there is a cold zone. In the contrary, the inner glassboard remains warm with modern glasses due to the Low-E lining, so the unpleasant feeling passes away. If it is 21 C inside and -10 C outside the temperature of the inner glassboard will not reduce under 17 C. This assures the pleasant heat sensation. Glass is the dominant building material of the modern architecture. According to statistics 80% of air pollution is caused by the heating system of flats and houses, that is why glass is the most significant element of energy-saving houses. The "u" (k) measurement determines the insulation of a structure. It is directly proportional to the undesirable heat loss.
- One layer windowglass: 5.8 W/m2K
- Traditional insulated glass: 2.8 W/m2K
- Softmetal lined LOW-E glass+argon filling: 1.1 W/m2K
- +krypton gas filling: 0.9 W/m2K
You should consider the following points of views when choosing the glass:
- Transparency, translucency
- Heat and sound insulation
- Protection against the sun
- Safety functions
- Decorating factors.
ALBA GLAS - Letölthető dokumentum (.pdf 3Mb)